Completions Specialist (Electrical)
United Arab Emirates - DU - Dubai
PRIMARY TASK OF POSITION
- Deliver Completions objectives in both a Greenfield & Brownfield Project environments, aligned with PMT expectations on HSE, Quality and Technical requirements.
- Engage with Operations, Pre-commissioning, Design, Engineering and Quality groups to obtain full scope understanding and manage disciplines for optimum design success.
- Develop a level 3 Pre-commissioning / Commissioning schedule aligned to system criticality and handover.
- Participate in constructability reviews, and plans to drive design optimization and monitor input from project team.
- Participate in the preparation of project pre-comm execution sequences and schedule logic.
- Develop completion handover dossiers.
- Attend FAT’s and SAT’s as requested by Completions Lead.
- Develop man hour summaries via task sheet / job card module.
- Provide technical oversight during the implementation of pre-comm and commissioning activities.
- Support the development of system / sub systems limit drawings aligned to handover philosophy.
- Monitor and manage the timely delivery of documentation, materials, personnel, vendors and sub-contractors aligned to completion schedule and escalate to PMT with concerns.
- Manage and monitor implementation related changes and growth during the course of the project specifically related to predecessor activities i.e. hook-up works that could impact completions.
- Support the coordination of fabrication yard pre-commissioning/commissioning activities to ensure full system completion are achieved prior sail-away.
- Ensure the preparation and coordination of pre-commissioning / commissioning CMS, specific system identified by Client is in place and functional.
- Liaise with hook-up team to ensure MC hand-over priorities are met against critical milestones.
- Provide technical expertise, for example problem solving, smart planning and budget explanations.
- Support the Function to ensure best practice and innovations to optimise delivery are being considered / communicated and delivered.
- Ensure compliance against procedural framework.
RESPONSIBiLITIES (in addition to Primary Task)
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Support asset incidents / hazards investigation teams.
- Provide H&S support to completion team to ensure execution risks and mitigations are identified within HCP.
- Monitor day-to-day HSE performance during completion activities to ensure leading indicators are achieved.
- Ensure the delivery of quality completions documentation, for example HCP, system dossiers is maintained.
- Ensure accurate and rational inputs are provided in to Project execution schedules that reflect optimum, realistic and measurable man-hours.
- Raise site & technical queries to reflect change.
- Ensure the correct selection of Tools & Equipment.
Cost / Budget:
- Monitor Project completion processes within agreed budget constraints.
- Recognise and be aware of CONQ policy / impact.
Schedule / Reporting:
- Provide effective reporting of system status updates aligned to known KPI’s.
Leadership / Commitment:
- Provide support of implementation handover milestones activities between MC to PC.
- Know roles and responsibilities of reporting lines.
- Actively monitor and maintain teamwork at all levels within project and peer groups.
- Maintain a high level of project ownership throughout all phases of work.
- Participate in innovation and continuous improvement, and ensure learning opportunities to limit wastage and unplanned impacts are mitigated.
Building Effective Business Relationships:
- Communicate with confidence and concisely to ensure Clients and Stakeholders are given assurance that you and your team can deliver.
- Seek feedback from customers to gauge satisfaction on you and your team’s performance from both internal and external stakeholders and implement improvement opportunities.
People management and development:
- Support project by identifying high potential team members for future promotion.
Technical / Systems:
- Provide sound and rational advice to Completions Lead to ensure project / business objectives are met over that of the short term personnel gains.
- Develop company’s capability and relationship with Client, to build future business opportunities.
- Achieve the set Goal & Objectives aligned to project / business needs and ensure periodic reviews and final signoff is completed.
Selection Criteria - Essential:
- Set clear & realistic timeframes for self when providing key deliverables to reduce inter-discipline barriers, and take ownership of results.
- Take accountability of own performance during life cycle of Project.
- Provide professional, ethical and detailed technical support to Project team in order to achieve tight deadlines without compromising HSE and quality standards.
Selection Criteria - Desirable:
- Ability to develop robust pre-commissioning / commissioning procedures..
10/15 years in Oil and Gas preferred. 10 years in Completions role.