Principal Fire & Safety Engineer
Malaysia - Nationwide - Kuala Lumpur
To support various regions (Middle East , Singapore) and Responsible for Leading the safety activities and deliverables for the projects
- Review scope of work ,attend kick-off meeting and highlights any major concerns at the outset of the project by apprising the project Engineering Manager Take appropriate initiatives to address the issues
- Liaise with PMT and other discipline engineers on the project on a continual basis
- plans manpower and resources based on the project schedules
- responsible for checking and approving the following key deliverables, applicable as per the project scope-safety philosophy, safety design documents, fire water demand calculations , fire water hydraulic calculations , safety equipment datasheets and specifications, dispersion calculations.
- Liaises and coordinates with third party safety consultants for safety study
- participates in the safety study workshop reviews
- provides design safety assistance to other disciplines by performing IDC/Providing inputs as required, layout review , area classification drawings , F&G logic diagrams , fire and gas detector layouts.
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or Fire and Safety Engineering
- Minimum fifteen years of expereince in the oil and gas industry in the area of design safety /loss prevention (design) , out of which he should have a minimum 5 years experince as Lead Safety engineer in the eare of design safety for offshore platforms
- Experience in risk management and coordination of safety /HSE Studies like quantitative risk assesments , HAZID ,Fire and explosion analysis , dropped object studies etc, for the offshore platform.
- Knowledge of international codes and standars and software like PIPENET ,PHAST is required